If you live in Victoria, or if you are a frequent visitor, you know how many foodies we have on the island! Everywhere you look there seems to be a hot new restaurant or pub that everyone is talking about! What can we say? We take our snacking seriously!
There are a number of restaurants in Victoria that you just CANNOT miss. To avoid missing out on some serious gems, we’ve crafted the ultimate Victoria food bucket-list!
- The 10 Acres Kitchen – (formerly Pescatores) is truly an experience unique to Victoria. Along with their bistro and their commons, 10 Acres owns their very own farm, producing fresh vegetables and free range meats for all guests. Whether you are cutting into a moist chicken breast, enjoying a dribble of honey in your tea or enjoying freshly roasted vegetables, you can be sure that they have come to you from no further than 25 kms away!
- Tacofino – Originating in beautiful Tofino, Tacofino is exactly what it sounds like. Delicious tacos coming to you fast and fresh! There are now two locations in downtown Victoria for you to enjoy a picnic style meal.
- Nourish – When it comes to brunch places, Nourish is a must-try! Offering farm fresh and organic options with incredible flavour, Nourish is the pinnacle of healthy eats downtown.
- Picnic Too – Nestled in the heart of Antique Row, Picnic Too is a grab-and-go foodie’s dream! They offer a great selection of sandwiches and gourmet coffees, and are catered by the fabulous Empire Doughnuts! Oh, and did we mention – kombucha on tap!
- North 48 – This new restaurant located in the heart of downtown is home to some truly tasty grub! With specials every day of the week, you’re sure to find amazing eats at great prices! Oh, and we highly recommend trying the fresh baked chips…
- Fireside Grill – If you’re looking for something more on the fine dining spectrum, we would recommend you head down to Fireside Grill. The stunning vaulted ceilings and sunny patio are sure to impress. The food and the service are fantastic! They offer rotating features and an extensive wine list. We recommend visiting during the holidays to enjoy the beautiful decorations!
- Floyd’s – Hands down, the most iconic brunch spot in Victoria! Floyd’s transports you back in time to the traditional diner experience. Expect massive portions and boisterous conversation. This downtown hotspot hosts a ‘double or nothing’ breakfast called The Mahoney; if you choose to accept the challenge, prepare your stomach for anything that the kitchen can dream up.
- Bin 4 – Half priced gourmet burgers after 9PM. That is all.
- The Q at the Empress – Live music, impeccable design and an ambiance all its own, the Q is one heck of a choice for a fancy night out. Whether it be the phenomenal entrees or the decadent desserts, there is sure to be something to make your mouth water.
- The Mint – Wander down the staircase on Douglas Street and enter into The Mint. This local hot spot is home to some tapas-style appies and some delicious mains. This cosy underground eatery has all of the amazing pub vibes! Definitely worth a visit.
- Jam – To round out the perfect trifecta of brunch bliss, we’ve included Jam. Jam is a fantastic joint with a very cool atmosphere. There are tons of options for breaky, and (for those who like to fall in love with their food) the esthetic on your plate is divine! Come early, because this place gets busy!!
- Ferris’ Oyster Bar – As stated in the name, Ferris’ is home to some of the very best seafood in Victoria! The restaurant is split into three sections; Perro Negro (tapas bar), Ferris’ Grill (garden patio) and Ferris’ Upstairs (seafood and oyster bar). Depending on which vibe you are looking for, and depending on the time of day, you may choose between any of these lovely venues to get a taste of the local seafood!
Now that you are equipped with 12 delicious locations for your next meal, head on out there and check something off of your bucket list!
feature image: hellobc.com